Welcome

Thank you for visiting my blog. I hope you find the information here inspiring, and worthy of your time.

God bless

Sunday, October 4, 2009

School for Children with Autism


I just read this article about a school in a suburb of Chicago building a new, "autism friendly" school for children on the spectrum. It is called As incidence of autism grows, suburbs stretching to meet demand. This school, Ginat Steps', has just built a new facility to house up to 120 students. It has color coded walls, quieter toilets, and pictures everywhere to help these students navigate their way through the day. I found it inspiring, and worthwhile reading.

1 comment:

  1. Jessica,
    The article is very interesting but for this mod you need to comment on a post from one of the blogs that you included rss feeds for in your Bloglines account. This article is from a newspaper, not an educational blog. Did you find a link to this article in a blog? If so, please link to the blog post.
    Dr. Burgos

    ReplyDelete